Thursday, August 11, 2011

One week since the accident

This is Mason's last day here. He will be checking out tomorrow morning! All his monitoring devices have been removed and he is on oral pain killers only. At discharge, they will send him home with a wheelchair, portable commode, and a sliding board to move from place to place. Parker and Madisen are back with us today.

The main goals for today are for Mason to more easily move from bed to wheelchair and get comfortable moving around in the wheelchair.

They will be removing the staples from his head wounds and possibly his puncher wound on his thigh.

He's getting stronger, but his hematocrit is a bit low. These days they are very leery of giving blood transfusions, so, since the accident they've monitored it very closely. Even with the 3 surgeries, they didn't need to give him blood. He's making blood, but he gets weak quickly.

Mason and Liza are leaving about 9:00 am on a good friend's family plane and will arrive at the Springville/Spanish airport about noon if all goes well. Scott, Parker and Madi will pick up the boat at Powell and head home and be there about 8 hours later.

We have truly felt and benefited from everyone's thoughts and prayers. It's truly a miracle Mason is with us and healing quickly. He looks forward to seeing you all.

Love,

Mason, Scott, Liza and Family.











Location:FMC

2 comments:

Lindsey Cortes said...

This news just makes me so happy!!! Mason you are a trooper. I'm glad you are recovering so well. Scott and Liza you are even more troopers and you deserve some sort of parenting award for this. I'm glad that everything worked out so well.

Ami Hart said...

Yay!! We are so glad he gets to go home. I hope the traveling goes well and I wish I could be there to come by. We miss you guys and are still praying for Mason.

Ami